Sunday, March 13, 2011

March 14: Digital Stories 1 Reflection

I learned what a digital story is last time in class. I am excited to do a digital story; I believe that it is a creative way that I will get to tell about an event in history. I believe that you could use digital stories in history classes to get students engaged and excited about what they are learning. I feel like there are millions of these out about the holocaust and that it has been overdone, but I feel like there are historical periods that are considered boring that would benefit from having a digital story done about them. You could do one of these on things such as the westward expansion or about what we did to the Native Americans; both of these topics can be seen as boring in the classroom and would benefit from some emotion.

Our group is going to do the Space Race. I am excited because I have always been one who loved space and what and where we have adventured into it. I think that in a history class this could be very beneficial for your students to watch. I like that the time period is so close to us today and students can connect what happened to what we have now. It is a great way to discuss the Cold War and to discuss the technological advancements that were being made in the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s. I think the Space Race is fascinating and I hope that our digital story gives it justice.

I am excited for the digital stories because I think I am really going to have a lot of fun doing mine. I enjoy being creative and I enjoy history so this seems to be right up my alley. Plus I am excited that we will get to see everyone else’s digital stories. It will be a fun way to wrap up the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment